Saturday, July 2, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays CFC11 & Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #6

Hello!

The Paper Crafts Connections blog is hosting a color challenge to design cards using the following colors:



In addition, the CAS-ual Fridays blog is having a challenge to create a clean and simple card featuring a sweet treat and I thought the card I designed would fit the bill! 

Below is my take on these challenges.  My inspiration for this card, besides the color, is the heat.  The sticky, humid, dog days of summer heat.  It's been so warm here, that the only thing my kids want to eat these days is ice pops. It's warm enough, that a Popsicle would certainly melt for you. *wink*

I Melt for You Card


Thanks for popping by!  Stay Cool!
Katie

Supplies
  • Cardstock- White, Black- Papertrey Ink; Pink- Bazzill Basics
  • Patterned Paper- Bitty Dots Basics- Papertrey Ink
  • Die Cut- ProvoCraft (Simply Charmed)
  • Font: LD Vanilla
  • Embossing Folder- Cuttlebug
  • Other- Popsicle stick

6 comments:

  1. Oh adorable! :) Love the fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style! I've browsed your blog & your cards are wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card ~ perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie! I adore this design very much! The background and colors are fabulous! The glossy Popsicle is amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!