Friday, October 5, 2012

Kindness Matters!

Good morning and TGIF!

Today is the big day at Neat & Tangled!!  All 5 of the new releases are for sale as of 8 a.m. this morning.  If you want to run, run over to the Neat & Tangled shop to fill your carts, I completely understand.  I will be here when you are finished shopping. ;o)

Today, we are showcasing Kindness Matters.  I love, love, love this set for many, many reasons. One, because it's true- kindness does matter!! Second, the set lends itself to all sorts of occasions.  I will me using this set often as I nearly go through as many thank you cards in a year as I do birthday cards!   I also love how Danielle combined her gorgeous handwritten script with classic and elegant fonts making the set super versatile for all kinds of styles!

Ok, enough gushing about my love for this set... on to the projects!

My first card shows the combination of script and font for a thank you note.  The papers are from Echo Park For the Record 2.  Look closely at the red patterned paper- the hearts are an image from the set and that image lends itself to all kinds of fun background building.  I also selectively inked and added a heart to the end of the "you are" script.

dsc_0107

Second up is a CAS and punny card I made by combining Fresh Blooms, Little Bear and Kindness Matters.
First, I stamped the swirl and the hive.  Next I selectively inked one of the larger sentiments from the set.  I was really after the word "kind."  I find that my Memento Drop inks work super well for this.  Next, I stamped "BE," cleaned the stamp and inked up and stamped just the "E" so "BE" becomes "BEE."  I stamped the bee trio and colored in the images with markers.

dsc_0096

Please be sure to stop by the Neat & Tangled blog to check out all the other great projects using this set. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


5 comments:

  1. LOVE these Katie! The first card is so fab, and the second CAS card is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, these are awesome! GREAT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the first card..nice vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius with the punny sentiment ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Thank you so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!