Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Balloons

Hello friends, 

I realized just recently that I never got around to sharing the last few cards that I had submitted for Paper Crafts Magazine's Stamping Royalty contest. This card was not a winner, but I love it just the same! 

I used PTI's Birthday Wishes and Bountiful Banners plus matching dies on this card.  What I liked most about this card was the solid stamping performance of that balloon.  Sometimes, it's difficult to get a good impression with clear solid stamps.  I paired this birthday balloon with Hero Art's ink and was quite impressed with the results (no pun intended). 

dsc_0774

I stamped the balloon in Navy, Pale Tomato, Orange Soda, Tide Pool and Butter Bar,  The strings and bow were stamped with Soft Granite.  I stamped the banner in Pale Tomato and added the sentiment in navy.  For a bit of interest, I popped up one of the balloons with a bit of foam tape and rounded opposite corners. 

I will be back tomorrow to share a collaboration card with Neat and Tangled and Hero Arts stamps and on Friday, I will be sharing my last Stamping Royalty entry which also happens to be another Neat and Tangled- Hero Arts card. 

Next week, I am looking forward to taking you on a little tour of where all the magic happens.  That's right, we are going behind the curtain to take a look at my crafty space.  I am excited to share, but my inner perfectionist is a bit nervous too, so when you see it, please be kind. :o)

That's it for me!  Make today wonderful!
Katie


Supplies: 


2 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous Katie! I Adore those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love how the colors just POP!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!