Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ikat Happy Birthday

Hello friends,

Happy Tuesday!  A few weeks ago, I received my issue of Paper Crafts Magazine's Holiday Cards and More and fell in love with the talented Bethany Stepppflug's Ikat Greetings Card that appears on page 60 of the issue.

I decided to employ the same set Bethany used for her trendy holiday card, Irresistibly Ikat by Papertrey Ink, and create a birthday version of Bethany's holiday masterpiece.

dsc_0378

After figuring out the center of the panel, I stamped the Ikat V in a zigzag pattern using MFT's Berrylicious (Blue).  Next I added the rounded diamonds in MFT's Razzle Berry and Hero Arts Orange Soda.  The yellow ink in the center of the pink diamonds is Hero Arts Butter Bar. 


dsc_0377

I stamped the sentiment in black ink and accented it with a few yellow enamel dots. The stamped panel was then adhered to a Razzle Berry cardstock base. 

That's all for me today. Bethany, thank you for the awesome inspiration!

Katie

3 comments:

  1. What a great B'day card Katie! love the colors you used on your Ikat stamping - so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, Katie! love the colors you used and fab stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!