Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A "Mini" Birthday Party

Good morning cuties and Happy Tuesday!!!

Today, I wanted to share a "Mini" party set I put together with Waffle Flower Crafts Bowtiful Stamp set + coordinating dies.   The moment I saw the preview of this stamp set, I was immediately reminded of a certain little lady mouse and her adorable Bow-tique and that was my inspiration for this "mini" party ensemble.


First up is a card bearing "Bowtiful" Birthday Wishes.  I trimmed a panel of cheerful yellow polka dot paper, matted it with red cardstock and adhered it to a black cardstock base. I die cut a fishtail banner from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in black ink.  


I stamped the stitched bow onto red polka dot paper and die cut it with the coordinating die and adhered it to the card with foam tape.

Next up, some refreshments! I wrapped a piece of patterned paper around a glass beverage container (Starbucks Frappacino anyone?). I fashioned a little mousey with my circle punch and some black cardstock.  I stamped an die cut the solid bow image from Bowtiful and adhered it to the mouse to give her some style. The mouse and bow were adhered to a scallop circle that I punched from some more of the red and white polka dot patterned paper.  A yellow + white paper straw tops off this sweet beverage. 


What's a party without a cute party favor?  I used the Mailable 3D Bow Template die to cut 2 bows from red felt.  This die cut through the felt like buttah.  The bows were so easy to assemble and I used a few dabs of Tacky Glue to glue the bow to some simple silver hair clips. I also threaded two black buttons with twine and glued them to the center of the bows. 


For the bow backer board, I stamped the random star pattern then added a few sentiments from the Bowtiful set including "You are so cute" and "#Fancy."  I clipped the bows to a strip of clear acetate and stapled the acetate to the backer board. 

Lastly, the bow banner you see in the background of the pictures was created by stamping the stitched bow image onto patterned paper, die cutting the stamped image and adhering the die cuts to some black and white baker's twine- super simple, but very cute. 


Here's one last group shot of the "Bowtiful" party crew.  

Well that's all for me today!  I hope you have a "bowtiful" day!  

Katie

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Black, White-Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Pebbles, Jillibean Soup
Chipboard: Papertrey Ink
Clear Stamps: Bowtiful (Waffle Flower Crafts)
Dies: Bowtiful dies, Mailable 3D Bow Template die (Waffle Flower Crafts); Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT Stamps)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Wild Mango (WPlus9)
Twine: The Twinery
Other: Buttons, Hair Clips (Hobby Lobby); Paper Straw (Siege)
Tools: Big Kick (Sizzix); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); Punches (Marvy Uchinda and EK Success)




2 comments:

  1. Get out! This is just too fun, Katie! I love what you did with this set! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I can't take all the cuteness Katie! This is awesome, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!