Friday, July 11, 2014

Aloha {AE Challenge}

Hello and Happy Friday!

Today starts another AEI{heart}U challenge and this week's challenge theme is One Word.  What's One Word? Well it's easier than you think; it's creating a card with a single word sentiment. Think thanks, hello, happy, or even congrats! 

So my word this week is 'Aloha' and it was the perfect chance to play with the new Surf's Up set. 



First I created the beach and the water by die-cutting kraft and aquamarine card stock using Avery Elle's Custom Panel Dies.  I stamped the wave pattern onto the aqua card stock and adhered the die cuts to a white card base.  


Next, I paper pieced the palm tree and stamped the smallest surf board in the set with three different colors of ink.  They are all lined up waiting for their owners to take them on the next great adventure!  Finally, I stamped my one word, 'Aloha,' with aqua ink. 


Well that's it for me today. Be sure to stop by the AEI{heart}U blog for even more inspiration from the design team and to link up your take on this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create!  

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

3 comments:

  1. This is just too adorable, love it! And, I can't wait to play along! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, love your cool beach scene, gotta say that it makes me wish for Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!