Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Shaker Balloon {AE Challenge}

Hello friends and TGIF!

Today starts another AEI{heart}U challenge and this week's challenge is "to die for."  Not literally, please, but we do want to see you use die-cuts on your entries.  Here's my take:


I was trying to create the look of a confetti-filled balloon like these. So I die cut an angled panel using the Custom Panels ELLE-ments dies.  Next, I die cut one of the balloons from the Balloons ELLE-ments and covered the opening with vellum to make a shaker element. I stamped the balloon string and bow from the Balloons stamp set. 


I filled the shaker opening with card stock confetti and I adhered a few extra pieces to the white panel for some extra color.  This punch works really well for creating shaker-sized confetti and you may already have it in your stash!


I adhered the shaker panel to an Aquamarine card base with foam tape and I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Cake and Candles in black ink.


Well that's it for me today. Be sure to stop by the AEI{heart}U blog for even more inspiration from the design team and to link up your take on this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie



7 comments:

  1. Fun card! I'll have to check out the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shaker card design, Katie! I love the small circles in your balloon! Looks like a super fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Love the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shaker balloon--super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Love the use of vellum for the shaker...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!