Tuesday, July 22, 2014

You Rock {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

I know it's been a bit, well, quite here on the blog over the past week.  I have been busy with summer and all that entails, but I am back in action and I have some fun projects to share this week.

A few week's ago, Nina at Waffle Flower Crafts introduced the Rock My World die set that coordinates with the Rock My World stamp set. I thought it would be fun to use the dies to create a pattern inspired by a set of make-up bags I spotted on the Print & Pattern website.

First, I trimmed a piece of navy card stock to 4 x 5.25" and I die-cut the rock shapes in a random pattern.


Next, I die cut the rocks from scraps of blue, red, green, peach and white cardstock and inlayed them in the navy cardstock using a bit of washi tape on the back of the panel to hold things in place while I played around the placement.  I trimmed the red rock at the top of the panel and stamped You Rock by piecing together some of the words and sentiments included in the Rock My World stamp set


Finally, I adhered the inlayed panel onto a light gray card base.  



The card was inspired by the darling make-up bag set I found on the Print and Pattern website.


Fun inspiration, right?!  

Well, that's it for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Katie

1 comment:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!