Sunday, October 26, 2014

Thankful Feather Card {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends!

I hope you are having a great weekend!  I am popping in today to share a card I created with one of Waffle Flower Craft's newest stamp sets, Feather More.


I wanted my card to have a very luxe feel to it, so I started by stamping the feathers onto white card stock with Gold Delicata ink and again with Versamark and gold embossing powder.  After setting the powder with a heat gun, I die cut both feathers using the Feather More Die Set.  I love using open dies where I can stamp first and die cut second.  I find that my borders are much more even that way!

Next I settled upon a color scheme for the rest of the card- white with a few rustic touches.  I made a card base from white card stock and trimmed a panel of woodgrain white card stock at an angle and adhered it to the bottom of the card with foam tape.  I trimmed a white card stock strip and stamped Thankful from the Holiday Labels- Give Thanks stamp set in brown ink and affixed it to the card.  


I layered the feathers and adhered this to the card. I tied a small bow with twine and attached it to the base of the feathers.  A few glitzy gold enamel dots add a finishing touch. 


I really love the look of the gold feathers contrasted with the pristine white card stock.  Very luxe indeed! Well that's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Katie


4 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!