Monday, December 1, 2014

Introducing Berry Good {Avery Elle}

Hello, 

This week, Jamie is sharing some sneak peeks and previews of Avery Elle's December release and I wanted to share a couple cards that I made with the Berry Good stamp set.  Berry Good is an amazing fruit-filled set featuring berried, peaches, pears and lemons.  The set also takes some of the guess work out of sentiment placement because many of the sentiments included in the set fit right inside the fruit.  

First up is a card I made with the lemon image.  I did some simple masking to achieve the set of lemons stamped in Old Paper Distress Ink.  Then I did a bit of "no line" watercoloring by smooshing distress ink pads on an acrylic block and adding the color to the stamped image. 


Once the ink was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with white powder, and I die cut the stamped panel using the Finished Frames Elle-ments die set.

Next up, it's more simple masking and "no line" watercoloring with this "peach" of a card.  I tried to envision what the peaches might look like hanging off the branch of a tree.  I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder and added a strip of patterned paper from the Fancy Pants Burlap and Bows paper pad.  


I die cut the bottom edge of the panel with the Pinked Elle-ments die set and tied a bit of twine into a bow before adhering it to a kraft card base. 

Well, that's all for me today, but be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog today for more sneaks and previews of this and the other awesome sets that Jamie is introducing today! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

2 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!