Friday, January 16, 2015

A Baby Shower Invitation {Avery Elle}

Hello friends!  

I am up on the Avery Elle blog today sharing an idea to combine one of Avery Elle's older sets, Weather It, with the new You're Invited stamp set and You're Invited Elle-ments die to create a fun invitation to a baby shower.  


I love to find reasons to pull out my well loved sets and when I saw the shower messages included in the You're Invited set, I immediately thought of Umbrellas and the Weather It stamp set. 

I embossed a panel of Aquamarine cardstock with a diagonal line embossing folder.  Next, I die cut the dotted frame and stamped the invitation message with black ink.  I stamped and die cut the umbrella from Weather It stamp set and paper pieced the white stripes. 


I adhered the umbrella to the frame and affixed it to the embossed panel before attaching it to a card base.  

Well, that's all for me today. Be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog today (and EVERY day) for even more inspiration from my talented teamies.  Thanks for stopping by!

Katie

3 comments:

  1. The paper pieced stripes on the umbrella look so perfect!! Love the colors and how the orange and white umbrella really pops against your blue embossed background!!! Really well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, so cute, Katie! I love that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!