Friday, March 20, 2015

Five for Friday: Mod Butterfly Card {Waffle Flower Crafts)

Hello friends!  

I am on the Waffle Flower Crafts blog today talking about Butterflies.  I am all aflutter for this timeless symbol of hope and spring.  I made this card using the mod butterfly images included in the Flutter stamp set


I wanted to share a couple tips for making this card.  I die cut the heart using my Silhouette Portrait and to get the heart in the right spot, I created a 4" x 5.25" rectangle and then overlaid the heart.


I centered the die cut panel on the card base and traced the heart with pencil. 


Next I stamped the butterflies in rainbow colors.  


I erased the pencil lines and stamped the sentiment on the overlay before adhering the die cut card stock to the card with foam tape. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Katie


2 comments:

  1. I saw this stunningly beautiful card over at WaffleCrafts and just had to let you know what an amazing job you did on it!! The colors are vibrant, gorgeous and bright!!! Love the sheer talent this card shows - just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy card, Katie! Spring IS coming!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!