Friday, April 8, 2016

Let's Do Lunch {Avery Elle}

Hello friends and happy Friday!

I'm on the Avery Elle blog today with a card I made using the Hello Chum stamp set designed by Caryn Davis.  The shark in this set reminds me a bit of Bruce from Finding Nemo, so I decided to pull out the little clown fish from the Swim Team stamp set and go with it. :)  All of my Avery Elle supplies are linked below.


So if you remember Finding Nemo, Bruce the shark is one of the characters that Nemo encounters on his journey.  Bruce and some other sharks are part of a support group who have adopted the mantra that other fishes are friends, not food.  Bruce struggles with reconciling his new beliefs with his nature.

I stamped the sandy floor and then watercolored the background.  Once the panel was dry, I added some details with stamps- the wavy lines are from Hello Chum and the sandy speckles are from Swim Team.  Next I stamped, colored and die cut the shark.  The while there are no coordinating dies for the smaller fish, he was pretty easy to trim out using my scissors.  I colored him with copics and added the white stripes using a white gel pen. Finally, I stamped the "Let's Do Lunch" sentiment in black ink.  I love that the shark's intent is a little ambiguous towards the little fish.  Is this a friendly invite or something else...

Supplies

Well that's all for me today, but be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog for even more inspiration from the Avery Elle Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Love how you paired the Hello Chum set with Swim Team - great card Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and super fun!! You always do such a great job with your cards - they are always a pleasure to see!! Even though I have not commented lately I still have been giving all your cards a look and I am always impressed with what you do!! And I really like the way you stage your card photos!! Super creative!! Have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!