Monday, May 2, 2016

May Inspiration Challenge {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

A photo inspired Waffle Flower Challenge started yesterday and continues through the May 25.  This month, we are taking inspiration from this pretty sitting room nook.


I was inspired by the colors in the photo to create a card using watercolors and the Potted Stamp Set


I stamped and heat embossed the large succulent planter with white detail embossing powder onto a watercolor panel.  Next I added color using my Zig Clean Color brush markers.  I typically scribble the marker onto a stamp block or plastic pallet and then transfer the color to my canvas using a water brush.  Adding the extra water really softens the colors and allows for more of that lovely watercolor variation.  Once the panel was dry, I stamped a sentiment from the set with gray ink. 

Find out all the details about the May Waffle Flower Challenge here including rules and how to link up.  I can't wait to see what you create! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

2 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!