Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Leave a Little Sparkle {Serendipity Stamps}

Hello friends, 

I am so excited to be guest designing this month with Serendipity Stamps.  Each month, Serendipity stamps offers monthly challenges and a new monthly challenge begins today on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  This month they're looking for projects that feature a stamped background.  

 Here's my take:


I fell in love with the Leave a Little Sparkle sentiment and paired it with the starburst from the Retro Starburst cling set to create my card.  To create the background, I stamped the starburst shape in Versamark and heat embossed using gold and silver embossing powders.  After a little trial and error, I decided to stamp the starbursts first in a diagonal pattern and embossed the diagonal with silver, then I stamped the remaining open space with more starburst- and embossed them with gold. 


I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with silver and added a tiny gem to the center of all the little stars.  I matted the sentiment with vellum and adhered the layers to the stamped background. 

Ready to play along?  Get all the details on the Serendipity Stamps blog. Just make sure that your card includes background stamping and at least one Serendipity Stamps Image. 

Looking for more inspiration?  You can check out more projects from the design team:


Well, that's all for me today, but I do hope that you will join in all the fun this month! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Katie! Your card is absolutely stunning! Wow! I love the vellum layers in your beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!