Saturday, September 24, 2016

Avery Elle Holiday Inspiration

Hello friends,

I'm popping in today (admittedly a bit tardy) to share a couple cards that were featured on the Avery Elle blog this week. This week's been a doozy between a work conference which meant a few late nights and recovering from my youngest daughter's 9th birthday which took up all of my bandwidth the previous weekend.  Anyway, I'm just happy to be here!

First, a card featuring the Christmas Packages stamp set and coordinating dies. All of my Avery Elle supplies are linked below.


I love new stamps as much as the next girl, but what I really love is when a new stamp inspires me to pull out and play with a previously loved stamp set and that's what happened with the Christmas Packages stamp set!  I pulled out the Oh What Fun stamps set and dies from last year's holiday release and made a scene where Santa was holding a large pile of gifts!  


I die cut the Falling Snow die directly onto my note card and I didn't back it with anything, so it shows through to the inside of the card which I covered with white card stock.  This was sort of different for me, but I really liked the look. 


Next, a card using the Holiday Glass stamp set. I stamped and heat embossed the images with gold embossing powder and then colored them in using Zig Clean Color brush markers.  The sentiment is from the Comfort and Joy stamp set and I thought that the little scalloped border using the Dotted Border Elle-ments die.


Die: Dotted Borders Elle-ments

So that's all for me today, but I thank you for stopping by and please drop by the Avery Elle blog for even more inspiration from the Avery Elle design team. 

Until next time!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!