Monday, January 16, 2017

CardMaker Magazine- Riley and Co Blog Hop!

Good morning friends!  

Today, CardMaker Magazine is teaming up with Riley and Co on a fun blog hop to show case some of Riley and Co's fun and inspiring designs. 

You should have arrived here from Melissa Pearson's blog.  The entire hop list can be found on the CardMaker blog and the Riley and Co blog

For my card, I used the Word Bubble die set and the hilarious Craftaholic sentiment stamp to create this funny card with a retro vibe. All of my Riley and Co supplies are linked below. 


I started with a black note card and adhered thin strips of card stock to the card front at angles. I stamped the sentiment onto white card stock and die cut it with the Word Bubble Die. 


I decided to carry the design and joke punchline to the inside of the card by continuing the card stock strips and another word bubble.  When I get ready to send this card to a crafty friend who will appreciate the joke, I'll write a note below the word bubble in silver gel pen so it will show up on the dark card stock. 

Supplies: 

That's it for me today.  Your next stop is Sandye Curry

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie


16 comments:

  1. This is perfect!! I do love that sentiment!! Love what you did with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...that is usually where I am going to. :) Thanks for using Funny Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fab idea for a craft related card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Riley & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever card! I love the bright bold colors against the dark cardstock - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is the Funny Bones Sentiment that I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH! LOL SO CUTE! AND, I KNOW a woman that this would fit, beside myself! ;) BEAUTIFUL CARD & VERY STRIKING with the different colored stripes on black! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just perfect--for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sayings work great as an inside/outside sentiment. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card design with these colorful strips of card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bold colors in your card.. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the paper strips and the white on black inside- fun, fun and SO TRUE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that the background goes on the inside!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!